- Drink lots of sparkling water. This provides your body with natural energy. (81 oz. or 2 - 3 large bottles per day for my 135 lb. body)
- Drink 2 cups of Yogi Cold Season Tea or Traditional Medicinals Throat Coat Tea per day.
- Drink 2 - 3 cups of Trader Joe's Lemon Ginger Echinacea drink.
- 2 - 3 Jamba Juice Coldbusters per day. This is essentially my 'food' for the 24-hour period.
- No sugar or fast food. (Including when you're not sick.)
- Don't listen to music for the first 12 hours because it's hard on your ears. But do listen to music during the second 12 hours.
- Don't watch TV during the first 12 hours because it makes your mind mentally lazy. One hour during the 2nd 12 hours is okay.
- Do something productive so that you don't feel like you're wasting time being sick. This should not be something physically intensive though.
- Go in a jacuzzi and let the jets massage and shake up your body.
- Keep your living space clean. Don't get lazy and throw your clothes and tissues everywhere. Ideally have someone else do vacuuming and other necessary cleaning, but do it yourself if that is the only option.